Moist Chocolate Cake
By Chef Booboo Maramba
Oven: 325 F
Pan: 9” dia. x 2” high round pan, lined (bottom only)
Time: 50 to 60 minutes
1-3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
120 g (about 12 pcs) Malagos Unsweetened Chocolate, grated
1 cup hot water
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 pcs eggs, large
1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
1) Mix together the grated unsweetened chocolate and hot water. Stir well. Add the milk then set
aside to cool.
2) Combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well then sift into a mixer bowl.
3) Add the cooled chocolate-milk mixture to the sifted ingredients. Add the eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla.
4) Using the paddle attachment, beat the mixture at low speed for a few seconds then at medium speed for 5 minutes.
5) Pour into the prepared pan and bake.