Cacao beans sourced from only one particular region carry with them a more distinctive and pronounced taste.
Malagos Chocolate is made from single-origin cacao beans grown on our farms in the foothills of Mt. Talomo in the Davao region of the Philippines’s Mindanao island. It is chocolate harvested from carefully nurtured trees and processed without the stain of child labor.
We observe fair trade to make sure everyone benefits from what we believe is one of the best chocolates in the world.
Our cacao nursery is certified by the Philippine Bureau of Plant and Industry. We also operate a budwood garden where our planting materials come from. This is also certified by the National Seeds Council under the same bureau.
Food safety is our number one priority. We are proud to say that our factory is now:
(1) GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) – certified by the Philippine Food & Drugs Administration;
(2) Philippine FDA (Food & Drugs Administration) – registered;
(3) Philippine CPR (Certificate of Product Registration) – registered for all our products;
(4) USFDA (United States Food & Drugs Administration) – registered; and
(5) HALAL – certified by the Islamic Da’wah Council of the Philippines, Inc (IDCP).
Currently, we are working towards our HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) Certification as we aim to be certified by end Q1 2018.
Here’s a snapshot of how we make our chocolates from TREE to BAR.